Monday, September 21, 2009

Joey's Baptism

Elder Robinson, Joey, and Elder Talbot

Joey (12) and Elder Talbot

Hey! Things are going really well! I have got one baptism under my belt so I'm on Cloud 9 right now haha! I got your letter with the pictures which was awesome! I can't believe how skinny Morgan looks!!! What?! He is a twig! Crazy kid!

So yesterday was super stressful. We didn't have any investigators show up at church yesterday, not Alejandro and Patricia, not even Joey! He got there with his mom about 30 minutes before his baptism! We were freaking out because we couldn't get a hold of him so we skipped second hour to drive to his house to find him. Turns out his brother-in-law got super beaten up by a gang and was at the hospital, so the whole family was there. But we got him and his mom and uncle to the church and I baptized him and all was well. His mom thought the baptism was really neat, so hopefully she will be more interested in learning more about the gospel. I don't know how the bro in law is. They made it sound really bad, but then they said he could be out of the hospital in a couple of days. The baptism was awesome! I messed up once with the prayer, but the second time was good. Joey asked if there was going to be time he could play around in the font for a while afterwards. I told him probably not. haha We had a ton of members there, which was really good.

Other news: missions are really stressful, I bought a typewriter so I could type letters! You got one in the mail by the Silver Bullet II (in honor of Silver Bullet I) going to you guys. I did not get in a bike crash. That's pretty much it! I love you guys!!


No comments:

Post a Comment