Monday, June 8, 2009

Alex never writes.

But here's what he has to say when he does:

"The swine flu is still going strong here! At the devotional they asked us to leave if we felt at all sick. So many people left! So far my district is healthy and doing fine. My knee is feeling lots better. I'm back to playing basketball (He said he sprained his knee playing a couple of weeks ago)! Though we can't play basketball, soccer, softball, or frisbee because of the flu. It's fairly ridiculous.

Things are still going great! Spanish is getting better. Food is still pretty good. Usually. I've put on 7 lbs so far! I weigh 140! I've never weighed this much! I put myself on a strict diet of one salad per day and lots of exercise. By the way, the cakes.. not helping! Though appreciated (Dani sends him cake slices from Magleby's about every other day). :)

So today has been one of the coolest days here! We went to the referral center which is basically a call center, but we also do the chats from Mormon.org. A 17 year old girl logged on today and told me and Elder Bell that she was thinking about being baptized but was having doubts. She had lots of questions about the Book of Mormon. We told her to pray for help and strength, so she thanked us and signed off and we prayed for her. I hope everything works out for her!

That was the coolest thing to happen to me! I can't wait to get out to Florida! TAMPA BAY!

Also, I saw Marie like 10 minutes after she got there (Dani's friend from Sweden. Dani actually dropped Marie off at the MTC so Alex and Dani just barely missed each other)! And I see/talk to Nicole Lier every once in awhile (Dani's old roommate). The other Elders think I'm pretty cool! Ha ha.

That's pretty much life here. Weird with the flu stuff but great! I'm already 1/24 done with my mission! Crazy! And kinda sad. Come Sunday I'll be the senior companion. We get a new District Leader on Sunday too.

The first counselor in the branch presidency is John Nield's ( a guy in our ward) brother from the second ward! I ran into Brother Judd (a brother from our ward) today at lunch. I've been taught by none other than SPARKY MORTIMER (a boy from our ward) twice! I also see Dallin Story (a friend of Dani's) sometimes.

I love you all so much! Thanks for all the support and love!

Elder Alex"

No comments:

Post a Comment