General Conference was awesome! I watched one session in Spanish and understood more than I thought I would, so that was cool. We missed the Saturday afternoon session, but watched all the rest. I really liked Elder Holland's talk! He is super intense! I also liked the one by Elder Bednar at the Priesthood session. He talked about father and son relationships and how we need to communicate.
My Spanish is going well. I can understand just about everything as long as the people speak a little slower and I am starting to be able to use the more complicated grammar of Spanish as opposed to the easy stuff. I really like my companion! He's my favorite one yet. He's really chill and laid back. We get along really well and we talk a lot of Spanish.
We have a baptism this Saturday! Estella Sanchez. Her daughter and her family are all members so now we are teaching her. She's about 70 and excited to get baptized! They were teaching her when I got here but only the first lesson. We just finished teaching her all the lessons so she is ready to go! She didn't have any problems with Word of Wisdom or chastity or anything so that made it a lot easier!
Lakeland is pretty though, lots of hills and tons of lakes. We went to a flea market and I bought a big knife! We also bought an alligator head. We talked to like 40 people there and we are probably going to set up a booth there next week. I'll probably be here until at least the 21st of December and maybe through January. Yeah, I know Elder McKee really well! He's really cool. His ward meets in the same building as mine. My branch is tiny! We had 47 people show up yesterday. The members in the branch take pretty good care of us. They feed us almost every night. We are the only Spanish elders for a long while. Our area is huge, like 5 cities! I'm feeling more comfortable with the area. We try to tract but the Hispanics here are kinda spread out so it's pretty fruitless.
I can't believe I'm going on 6 months out here!!! It's gone by so fast! I am almost a quarter of the way through! We are at a library and I am just about out of time here. I'll send home a program and pictures from the baptism next week. I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment