Hey! So I'm all recuperated! They let me out of the hospital Thursday night and I slept most of Friday, but we went and taught a lesson that night. I was still a little light headed but I did fine. (Alex was in ICU for two days for some really high blood sugars. Let's hope it never happens again.) It felt great to get cleaned up and dressed again! I hadn't showered in like 3 days so my hair was awesome and I had quite the beard coming on haha! I'm feeling all better now. I haven't slept so much in a long time, probably more than the entire time I've been out!
The baptism went great on Saturday! I gave the intermission/changing talk and the closing prayer. Guess what else!!! Alejandro and Patricia are getting married and baptized with their daughter this Sunday!!!!!! It is an amazing story! So Alejandro is working at a construction site or something and one of the co-workers crashes the truck! The INS comes and takes them all to a holding cell to wait for the deportation bus to come get them. (Alejandro is in the country legally, he just didn't have his paper work with him.) All the while Alejandro is pleading with Heavenly Father that if he could go back to his family he would get married and baptized and do all the things he knew he was supposed to do. Guess who never came to get them! So they released all the people and Alejandro came to church the next day just bawling saying he needed to be baptized and that he'll do everything he needs to do! So I am going down to Sarasota next Sunday to watch the wedding and baptism! It was the best feeling ever when I found out! I have been so happy ever since! The missionaries are helping to plan the wedding haha so it could be interesting. I'll take tons of pictures though.
We are going to get a ride down to Sarasota after Stake Conference from a member. The branch here is so helpful! Anything we need they do their best to help us out. I had like 4 members come visit me in the hospital and now the entire branch is looking out for me and telling me that they aren't cooking with sugar anymore haha!
That's crazy about all the baptisms that went on in one day! haha That probably won't happen again for a long time! (Alex had a baptism Saturday, Dani had a baptism Saturday, and Mark, Morgan and I took 20 names to the temple to do baptisms on Saturday.)
The weather here has been perfect! The past couple days have been right around 65-70 degrees! I am going to need to go buy a jacket because the humidity makes it feel colder. Fine, call me a wimp haha, but it gets pretty chilly in the mornings - down to the 40's.
We have a Festival Hispana on Saturday that is supposed to be huge so we are waiting for that. It should be a lot of fun! We are trying to institute the Perry plan (A new missionary program developed by Elder L. Tom Perry.) but with such a small branch it's hard to get 20 referrals a week. We are supposed to get 20 lessons a week but we usually only get like 10. Our area is about 5 cities, sometimes we are driving up to 60 miles around for appointments. Our branch comes from all over the place.
I'll send you a letter today and one of the bracelets from the hospital haha. I'll keep you posted on what happens and, of course, check my finger lots. I love you! Thanks for all the support and love!
The baptism went great on Saturday! I gave the intermission/changing talk and the closing prayer. Guess what else!!! Alejandro and Patricia are getting married and baptized with their daughter this Sunday!!!!!! It is an amazing story! So Alejandro is working at a construction site or something and one of the co-workers crashes the truck! The INS comes and takes them all to a holding cell to wait for the deportation bus to come get them. (Alejandro is in the country legally, he just didn't have his paper work with him.) All the while Alejandro is pleading with Heavenly Father that if he could go back to his family he would get married and baptized and do all the things he knew he was supposed to do. Guess who never came to get them! So they released all the people and Alejandro came to church the next day just bawling saying he needed to be baptized and that he'll do everything he needs to do! So I am going down to Sarasota next Sunday to watch the wedding and baptism! It was the best feeling ever when I found out! I have been so happy ever since! The missionaries are helping to plan the wedding haha so it could be interesting. I'll take tons of pictures though.
We are going to get a ride down to Sarasota after Stake Conference from a member. The branch here is so helpful! Anything we need they do their best to help us out. I had like 4 members come visit me in the hospital and now the entire branch is looking out for me and telling me that they aren't cooking with sugar anymore haha!
That's crazy about all the baptisms that went on in one day! haha That probably won't happen again for a long time! (Alex had a baptism Saturday, Dani had a baptism Saturday, and Mark, Morgan and I took 20 names to the temple to do baptisms on Saturday.)
The weather here has been perfect! The past couple days have been right around 65-70 degrees! I am going to need to go buy a jacket because the humidity makes it feel colder. Fine, call me a wimp haha, but it gets pretty chilly in the mornings - down to the 40's.
We have a Festival Hispana on Saturday that is supposed to be huge so we are waiting for that. It should be a lot of fun! We are trying to institute the Perry plan (A new missionary program developed by Elder L. Tom Perry.) but with such a small branch it's hard to get 20 referrals a week. We are supposed to get 20 lessons a week but we usually only get like 10. Our area is about 5 cities, sometimes we are driving up to 60 miles around for appointments. Our branch comes from all over the place.
I'll send you a letter today and one of the bracelets from the hospital haha. I'll keep you posted on what happens and, of course, check my finger lots. I love you! Thanks for all the support and love!



No comments:
Post a Comment