Hey! Well I am into my final weeks of this transfer!! Though knowing that we will most likely both be staying, it doesn't have quite the thrill that it usually does. Pres. already told us we will stay, and if anyone moves it will be Elder Zea.
Well not much has happened to us this week. Our branch had an awesome activity where we invited 10 less well off families who have lots of kids and each of them got a present and the parents all got a basket full of food. It was really neat because the 10 families weren't members so they got a really positive view of the church. Elder Zea and I got contact information for all of them so now we can visit them throughout the week and hopefully get some conversions out of it!
We extended a baptismal invitation to Alejandro but he said he really just needed some more time. We set a goal date for the 14 of January and we are really hoping he will stick to that. We are still trying to figure out a way to get his wife to church. Their kid is turning 9 the 14 of January too, so it would be really cool to get them both baptized!
We got a tree so we have a little holiday spirit and we got Christmas music from some other elders. I really hope that I stay here. I really would like to stay here as long as I can. I will find out for sure this Saturday what will happen. Well it looks like I need to get all of your presents sent out in the next couple of days! I am pretty much done shopping. Which reminds me, I may be out of money... I love you Mom!
I'm doing really well. I'm a little tired, but that's all. We had a busy day yesterday. We did splits with the branch mission leader and his brother. I get to call on Christmas Eve to tell you when I'm calling the next day. It will probably be in the morning, like 8 or 9 for you. Any preferences? I'll probably call around 8 here, so 6 for you. I will probably go to the Coleman's house to call. They really like having us over. I think they are trying to fill the gap of their two kids being out haha!
Christmas is really different as an elder. Everything is even more focused on Christ. Every spiritual message is on Him and what He has done for us. It's also a lot less focused on the gifts because there isn't a whole lot you can have as a missionary. Being in Florida is different because it still is hot! Yesterday was way hot! And with Christmas lights lining the palm trees it just feels weird. Not like Christmas usually feels, but so far it has been a really good Christmas. Very different, but very good
Yeah it has been a very different Christmas, but I really like where I am and the people I am with. That being said, I can't wait to say hi to everyone! That will be exciting! So I guess I will expect your packages this week!
I am definitely enjoying being a missionary! I don't mind that it's just Elder Zea and me in the apartment. The Lakeland elders live only a mile away so we go there a lot. We haven't done lunches quite as much this transfer, but every once in a while we do. With our area being so big we really get to see all the other elders a lot. Today we are just going to get lunch and play football, like always haha.
Well we are going to get going. I love you! I'll email you again Monday and talk to you on the 24th. I love you all! Merry Christmas!!
P.S. Did you send that package last week? I haven't gotten it yet. I just want to make sure it didn't get lost or anything. Love you!! (The package was sent last Tuesday! I can't believe he hasn't gotten it yet. Hopefully today!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment