I can't believe Morgan starts drivers ed! That is crazy and scary haha. I had Mangum as well. He's guaranteed to pass. I don't think he's ever failed anyone.
We've been keeping really busy. We are out knocking doors even though it is freezing. We tracted all of Idaho Ave. and found so many good people. Becky, one woman we found, had been almost baptized earlier in the year, but I guess kinda fell through the cracks. We found another family from Idaho that had converted there and stopped coming when they moved here. Vincent was another man we found and we will be teaching him in about half an hour. The two most positive people we found were Rayneshia and Maurice, who I already told you about. We'll be turning them over to the English elders as soon as they come to church.
We actually did find a small neighborhood that is predominately Spanish so we have been tracting that lately. We were trying to find an area someone had told us about that had a few trailers of Hispanics and we found this other place instead. Lots of Spanish speakers. We got two return appointments in about two blocks, which is pretty good. We'll go teach them tomorrow and finish tracting the neighborhood.
Presidente Torres is still giving us tons of names to contact. There is one family who is really positive and could get baptized this month. We taught them in their trailer with Pres. Torres. They have the nicest trailer I've ever seen. You can't tell from the inside that it is a trailer. We watched The Restoration on a dope 50" tv and ate some good Mexican food (my favorite).
We have a goal to get 6 baptisms this month to make the branch a ward, so we are working really hard to get that.
My Spanish is getting better. I can pretty well express myself though there are some words that I just haven't ever used or heard so I have to describe the word. It's hard but I'm feeling pretty good about it. That's cool that Caden is doing so well. Serving in South America would be so different than serving here! I'm really glad that I got to stay in the US. Everything is still normal but I get to meet different people. Best of both worlds!
Presidente Torres is still giving us tons of names to contact. There is one family who is really positive and could get baptized this month. We taught them in their trailer with Pres. Torres. They have the nicest trailer I've ever seen. You can't tell from the inside that it is a trailer. We watched The Restoration on a dope 50" tv and ate some good Mexican food (my favorite).
We have a goal to get 6 baptisms this month to make the branch a ward, so we are working really hard to get that.
My Spanish is getting better. I can pretty well express myself though there are some words that I just haven't ever used or heard so I have to describe the word. It's hard but I'm feeling pretty good about it. That's cool that Caden is doing so well. Serving in South America would be so different than serving here! I'm really glad that I got to stay in the US. Everything is still normal but I get to meet different people. Best of both worlds!



No comments:
Post a Comment