Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Transfer time already!

Wow! Week 6 already! This transfer has gone so unbelievably fast!! I'm pretty sure I'm out of here next week. Transfers are next Tuesday! I'll find out on Saturday if I stay or go. I've been in Lakeland for 3 transfers, so for 4 1/2 months. Leaving an area is weird. You get the excitement of a new area, but it's hard leaving all of the members that you have gotten to know. I think that getting to a fresh area will be good though, especially where this one isn't moving so fast. I think that I will either be moved up to Tampa, which would be awesome, or down south to Fort Myers, also good. I guess we'll see what happens. In case I get transferred you might need to send my package like today or tomorrow just to make sure I get it in time. The Spanish is going well. I don't really have to translate in my head anymore which is good. I can pretty much just think in Spanish when I need to.

Well, this week was pretty slow as well. None of our new investigators came to church even though we reminded them Saturday night and went over there Sunday morning. The Torres family we can't even get a hold of because his phone is having problems and we can't go visit him because he lives so far away and we are really tight on miles. We didn't have a chance to teach Alejandro or Darrell but we went over there and cooked for the Vazquez family. They are still doing really well. The dad we just baptized blessed the sacrament yesterday so that was amazing to see. It will be awesome when Rigoberto gets baptized by his brother!! Our teaching pool is still really low. Tracting just isn't yielding results, but we do it anyway.

Well to keep you up to date on the prank war, on Wednesday the other elders stole our car tire so, through my genius, we got a key to their apartment so we stuck a fish in their air vent! And we stole our tire back out of their locked apartment haha! Left them totally baffled! We have got at least three more great ideas that we need to pull off this week.

So that was pretty much our week. I love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment