Well, transfer news - I am moving to Fort Myers! It is supposed to be a good area. Still full car! Our Fort Myers zone is all language missionaries, either Spanish or Haitian Creole. I'm getting a ride to Tampa and then getting a ride down there from a member. My new companion is Elder Truseller. I forgot the address but I will get it to you.
This week was crazy! We rode our bikes all the way to Bartow which is like 20 miles. We biked with the Highlands elders and tracted a ton! Between the two sets of us we got 140 contacts!! Then we ate at the Vazquez house and rode back in the dark. Um... other news, it was Stake Conference. That went well. We are done with the prank war.
So I'll probably write you a letter tomorrow about my new area and comp. I'll write more about this week as well. I'll send the letter with my memory card which has a few pictures that you don't have yet. I'll just give you a quick overview of this week.
We found a good family whose grandma is in our branch and they all want to come to church and be baptized, of course right when I leave. We taught the 2 granddaughters and like 3 of their friends on Saturday. While tracting in Bartow we found two families who agreed to have us back. Ones uncle is a member and she is good friends with another of our members. We pretty much dropped all the investigators who weren't progressing. This week we contacted 156 people and got 5 tours. We probably got the best numbers in the whole zone, which is awesome.
We found a really pretty river hidden along the side of the road and stopped and hung out there for a while. We took lots of pictures. There was a board going between two trees so, of course, we climbed up on it. You can't tell from the pictures but it is about 6 feet off the ground and the fall is onto a steep bank that leads right to the river. It was pretty sweet. None of us fell, don't worry. I think that was pretty much our week. I'll be more detailed in my letter.
I still am shocked about Elder Burrows dying! He was always a really nice kid. I can't imagine getting that call...I know that he's doing the same thing in the Spirit World right now.
Well I love you all! Thanks for the package! Love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment