We got Travis and Rafael baptized on Saturday. We attended a funeral to translate for it, strangest funeral I have attended. They played an Eminem song in it... but that actually turned out kind of cool. It was sad because they didn't know about the Plan of Salvation, so it was a very sad occasion. While there, we found out that no one knew we were having a baptism that night so we had to call and organize everything! But it was taken care of. They got baptized. I baptized Rafael and Elder Treseler baptized Travis. Rafa wouldn't go all the way under the water so I had to step on his toes and push him under! It was pretty funny. I got to confirm Travis (in English) which was my first one.
We are having to research the scriptures really hard because Virgilio and Raul want scriptures for everything so they can read them later and think about it. Last week they said they wanted to be baptized, but Raul is having problems with his wife and she doesn't want us there, so we have to teach them at the church or at a members house. Virgilio was married in Cuba but got divorced. He is renting a room from Raul and his wife. We teach them both together and they are really good about pushing each other to learn more and do better. They really want to get baptized, it's just fixing a date.
So this week was pretty good! Actually, it was really good! On Monday we went right to the border of our mission, 45 minutes from Miami. I saw probably 50 gators! Huge ones too! There are also otters and tons of huge birds. I guess they have mountain lions and deer there too, but we didn't see any. It's crazy, the gators have no fence, they can just walk right up onto the sidewalk! We walked around for a few miles and then drove home. It was way fun! I have the map/pamphlet that I will send you.
It's crazy! I am almost 20!! Now I can't blame anything on being a teenager. I love you tons!



No comments:
Post a Comment