Monday, March 29, 2010

A Pretty Good Week

Hey! So this week was pretty good actually. The work is finally picking up! On Tuesday we were out knocking doors and we ran into a lady who turned out to be a member. She was baptized 9 years ago but lost communication with the church when her family moved here. There are 6 people in the family and she is the only member. Her sister, 10 years old, is super interested. She already said she wants to be baptized so we are just figuring out a date right now. I think we should be able to get the members husband and the mom as well. They love us there! The first time we went they all dropped everything to talk to us and the kids took pictures of us with their Nintendo. They are Venezuelan and cook awesome food! The family is amazing.

We also have another baptism coming up! There is this guy that has been coming to church since before I came here and I didn't even know he wasn't a member! On Saturday he decided that this is the true church and that he needs to be baptized. He wants to do it really soon, too. So we have at least 2 baptisms coming up within the next 2 weeks or so.

The baptism of Rigoberto was awesome! I drove up with Michael Gould (a member who helps us out a ton) and Elder de Hoyos stayed here with the Haitian elders. I got to see Elders Zea and Young again, so that was fun. Seeing all the old families was way cool, too! The baptism went great and then I stayed a while to talk to a bunch of members up there. Their friends, Alejandro and Darrell are getting baptized the beginning of next month.

When I got back Elder de Hoyos had purchased some fresh crabs and we went home and cooked them. We boiled them. They were so good and really cheap here. We were shown how to break it open and get to the meat so we had fun eating it.

Yeah, we have been working so hard! We are even on bikes the rest of the month! (They are only allotted a certain number of miles they can drive each month.) The only way to get to and from our apartment is along the side of a busy 3 lane highway with no sidewalks, and our closest investigator lives 5 miles away. I'll be very glad to get the car back. Only 3 of my 11 months have I had to ride my bike, and I switched every other week for those 3 months.

I am teaching myself piano. I can play the top hand of 6 hymns now. I don't get to practice piano as much as I would like to, but I still remember a lot of what I had learned so it isn't too hard to pick up again.

Well, I gotta go. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment