Monday, July 26, 2010

Lots of knocking...

This statue is famous. The only other replica is somewhere in California. As you can tell (knowing that I am approaching 6 feet) it is very tall! There are always people next to it taking pictures so we thought that we had to as well. This is Elder Gallagher and me.

Our week has been pretty good. We are having tons of success with our English classes! We have had 5 people show up the past 2 weeks so we split it into two classes. I teach advanced and Elder Johnson teaches beginners. In the advanced class we have 3 students, Victor, Gabriella and Cira, all of whom are Mexican. They all speak pretty well, it's just figuring out grammar and pronunciation. It's fun because we joke and everyone is pretty open. It also helps me learn more Spanish and English. I am learning grammar that I never really payed attention to. It's a really good experience and I'll be able to use to it if I go to Spain after the mission.

Gabriella is still coming to class and we gave her a Book of Mormon last week. Also, we had someone finally show up to church! Arlinda showed up and really liked church a lot! Arlinda is renting a room from a less active member. We started teaching her a few weeks ago. She's kind of a church hopper, but she really knows that church is important and kept saying that she really felt good in church. I think that she has a lot of potential. It was nice because with Teresita we had to hold her hand through it all and make sure she didn't get offended (she doesn't like the joking around in class). Speaking of Teresita, I think she is dropped. She said she couldn't come because she was watching a grandchild and didn't have a car seat to get the baby to church. We told her we would find her one and pick her up Sunday morning to which she said okay. Sunday morning we show up and she won't answer her door or pick up the phone. Elder Johnson still doesn't want to drop her.

This is what happens when it rains outside
and you get stuck inside....

Other than that not a whole lot happened. Lots of knocking, not tons of success. It's going pretty well, though. Transfers in 5 weeks. Well I'll get this sent out. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment