Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Not shy anymore

A donut eating contest! We couldn't use our hands.
I totally won!

Well this week was pretty good. We had a new member family move into the area and they are super cool! They are straight from Mexico! It's a single mom with 2 daughters, Susana (18) and Maria Jose (15) and a son, Tonio (11). They have been members for 2 years and were sealed in the temple not too long ago. They love the missionaries so we will visit them a lot.

In other news, Teresita is dropped. She said she would come to church yesterday and totally didn't. Arlinda didn't come either but she had a legit excuse and did not lie to us. We actually haven't seen Gabriela in a couple weeks. She has been super busy but plans on attending class this week. We had a drunk guy yesterday tell us that wearing our name tags was deceiving which is against the 10 commandments. Then he said that the Bible says that we should have long hair and told me that I was a troubled child, probably out here because I had been arrested or caught with drugs. Stupid drunk people.

We have been on bike week. It has been like 95 here this whole week! It's the worst. Tracting in that kind of weather is awful! You start dripping sweat in the shade. Luckily we get the car this week. I got lucky though because I got the tail end of last summer and I'll leave the beginning of next. I only got a summer and a half in. Otherwise I am doing great!

We are going to Chili's today with my Christmas gift card (finally) so I'm excited.

On Saturday we went to Waffle Man's house for waffles. If you eat three you get a certificate because it is really hard. I ate 4 1/4 - after a breakfast at home. I set the record for most eaten.

I'm doing great! I love being out here! Getting to know all these new people is a blast! and I am pretty much not shy anymore. A mission does wonders!

Love you tons!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment