Monday, August 23, 2010

Week 17 in Sarasota

Well, another week down. It is week 6 now which means transfer calls on Saturday! Elder Johnson is out for sure. I'm excited to see who I will get. There is a missionary that just got here from Spain for medical reasons. I met him and he seems really cool. We aren't going to get any new Spanish missionaries until November so I probably won't end up training. There are lots of younger missionaries that pres wants to train while they are young. I know Elder Long. He came out on the plane with me. He was here in Sarasota for a long time!

Last week was pretty good. We found a couple people to teach. It's still too early to tell if they will progress but they seem good. Out tracting we found a girl named Daisy and her little brother and taught them a little from the Book of Mormon and they liked it and want us to come back. We taught another kid named Raul and he wants to be taught as well. Turns out kids are more willing to learn than their parents. We visited a few members and we are starting to get more referrals from them which is good! We got 4 from one member and two from another. Hopefully this will help to jump start the area a little bit. I know there is a lot of work here, we just can't find it for whatever reason. We are trying to re-strategize and form a new attack plan on finding people to teach.

We've been told that we are no longer supposed to go the English ward but that we are to focus all our efforts on the Spanish branch. Pretty much the opposite of what they had told us before.

Well I've got to get going. We are going to try to play a little lacrosse today if the rain lets up. I think that is all the news from this week. It went by super fast! I didn't even realize the time was passing that fast. Sorry I've got no pictures today. I'll have some next week for sure. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment