Monday, August 16, 2010

15 months...

Elder Parker and I wearing our sulus,
straight from the Polynesian center in Hawaii!
The missionaries in Tonga get to wear these!

I got my packages and I loved them! I'm trying to space out my almond eating a little bit and the face wash is working really well. They came really fast! I got them on Wednesday. Elder Parker will be getting his stick on Tuesday because it got shipped to the mission office and they couldn't forward it. Next p day we are just going to go to a field and play all day. It is still really hot here. We are finishing up bike week in a couple days. The car got all fixed up so that is good. Hopefully we won't have any more problems.

We had a really weird week. We were working super hard but didn't get much done. We had a lot of service opportunities so that took up a lot of our teaching/finding time. We did get fed a lot though. This week we have tons of member dinners lined up. We still don't really have anyone to teach. We haven't been able to see Arlinda in a couple weeks but she still wants to be taught. We have been doing a lot of tracting lately. We got a new ward mission leader. He seems like he'll be good. We haven't actually gone up to the Spanish branch in a while. Every week we go to the English ward.

The Sarasota missionaries!!

I think I will be staying in Sarasota for another transfer or two. I have been here for 7 1/2 months. I'll probably finish 10 1/2 months here. It's already week 5 of the transfer! It's going by SO fast! When I went to Lakeland the district leader was 15 months old and he just went home. That is no time at all! I'm hoping that stuff starts picking up soon. It's hard when you have nothing going. We have the coolest group of elders here. We see each other almost every day.

Everything is going well, though. I am having so much fun out here and working so hard. I love it out here but can't wait to see you all again. I can't believe it's been 15 months!! Crazy. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment