Monday, September 6, 2010
New Companion
Well as you know we had transfers last week. I really like Elder Emerson! I think we should have a really fun transfer together. We have our bus passes and have used them a ton already, even though we are on car week. We have already missed buses and sat in the sun for 45 minutes waiting for another to come. We are doing lots of walking now. I will definitely walk more this transfer than any other transfer ever, but everything is good.
Teaching is going well. We are picking Arlinda up again. She even has a few friends that we have talked to, so hopefully we can get a few more investigators that way. She has another room mate and a friend that we are friends with now so we are going to try to talk to them about the gospel tomorrow. They are super fun to visit because they all love to talk and laugh. Hispanics are awesome that way. We have had a lot of member visits planned out lately. That usually happens so the members can meet the newest elder.
The Gazziro family has a referral for us that they say is golden. They are the most missionary minded people ever! Love that family. Also, there is a Venezuelan lady that gave us 5 good friends of hers to teach. Also, the Rubio family has their relatives that plan on coming to church soon. We have quite the work cut out for us so I'm really excited. We are working hard to get new people to teach. All of our referrals have come from Spanish members going to the English ward which is why we are going to continue going to the English ward.
I'm drinking lots of water. The weather is hot and humid but not terrible. I think I'm used to it now. The buses are hard but it will work. We just have to make sure we are on time for everything. We take the bus when we need to run to the church or just up north for a little while so we don't waste 12 miles going back and forth. It saves us a lot of miles. While I was in Lakeland (a week or two before I went to the hospital) Elder Emerson got hit by a car that ran a red light. It messed him up pretty bad so he can't ride a bike. He is from San Diego California and is a convert. He was converted at 19 and left at 21 for the mission. He is the only member from his family.
Well, I gotta get heading now. I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment