So this last week was a good one! We ended up having Natasha's baptism on Saturday. It went really well. She got confirmed yesterday in church. We went over to teach another family but the dad was passed out drunk. That was a major disappointment. He had been doing so well about not drinking but caved. I guess he told his wife he was thinking about waiting up to a year to be baptized. We are pretty bummed about that. We have been teaching a lot of members lately. One, Carmen, was a Jehovah's Witness for 40 years before converting. She is such a nice lady.
Yesterday we had dinner with the Rebolloso family. It was one of the girl's birthday and she wanted us over. She turned 11. That family is so solid! They come to every meeting and do so much! The mom was asking us why her family didn't receive trials like everyone else. She said that her family really hadn't had many trials, which is really cool because they have been through a lot the past few years but they always look for the best in everything.
I got my "Trunkies" in the mail the other day. It had my travel itinerary and everything. It said that I land in SLC at 1:55 but that the flight duration was 4 hours and 5 minutes. I think that officially gave me the right to be trunky haha. I don't think I'm very trunky. I guess there are different kinds of trunky though, one you just are excited to get home but you still work hard, that's the one I am; the other is where you can't concentrate on the work and you just want to stay in all day, that kind is bad.
I have another funny story for this week! So one day we had a lot of member meals lined up and Hispanics always make you eat a ton! So we got pretty well filled on our first appointment after 2 big bowls of spaghetti, salad and cake. Less than an hour later we had another member meal lined up. We got there and they had 2 large pizzas just for us three elders. They ate in the other room and left us to ourselves with the pizza. I ate one slice and couldn't put down any more. Park ate 3 and Christensen couldn't even put down one. In order to not offend the members we had to stuff the pizza into our backpacks for later! We always carry plastic bags with us to use in such situations, so we started stuffing pizza into these bags! We had almost 2 full pizzas in Christensen's backpack leaving that house! And the dog kept coming and sniffing around the bag looking for the food. Later that day we got fed yet again! I'm weighing anywhere from 145 to 150 lbs. nowadays.
Well I think that that is all my news for today. I can't believe how fast the time is flying. I am going to miss so much being a missionary. I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment