Tuesday, April 12, 2011
So Bad but So Funny!
Hey! So we had a pretty good week this week. We taught a lot of lessons and we will be having a baptism this weekend. Her name is Natasha Martinez and she is from Andalucia, Spain. She's 21 and has 2 kids and is a Book of Mormon reading machine! She reads at least a chapter everyday. We are trying to set a date with a guy named Javier Nuci. He is the dad of a family of 10. The whole family was baptized (except for 3 that were under 8) but he keeps saying that he wants to wait a little while more. We asked him if he was praying about baptism and he said that he wasn't because he knew what the answer would be. We have tried just about everything with him. We are going to try just not mentioning baptism to see if he's just being stubborn or what.
So about that dryer... we took dad's advice and tried to change the cord out instead of the outlet. We went and bought a cord from Lowe's and installed it all right. We plugged it in and pushed the button. Nothing. Turns out, the dryer we had is a lemon. So I spent $23 on that dryer cord for nothing. Now we have to air dry all our clothes.
So a funny story. We have, once a month, a sacrament meeting in the evening here in Plant City. So we were scrounging up all our investigators to come for the meeting and everyone was bailing on us. Even our most promising family was stuck at work. So we started visiting potential 'gators and found one that would come with us. We figured that one would look a lot better than zero. We didn't realize that the one we brought would be a lot worse than zero. So we showed up at his house and asked him if he wanted to go to church. He said he had already been to a church that day so we asked if he wanted to go again. We didn't even know the guys name but we got him a ride and when he got to the chapel he got down on his knees and started doing Our Fathers (the Catholic prayers). He was on his knees for a good 15 minutes before we started. We were having a nice testimony meeting and I bore my testimony and then he got up and walked to the pulpit. Oh, no! I thought. This guy is Pentecostal! He's gonna start speaking in tongues or something! He got up and started talking about how we has been Pentecostal for 4 years now and how he stopped taking his medications and thanks to a blessing from his preachers he was healed. At one point he said that he had a dream about him being crucified. He talked for over a half hour!!! The whole time I was embarrassed because our branch president can tell when we bring someone who really isn't interested. I was trying so hard not to laugh so I had my face in my hands the whole time! Oh, it was so bad but so funny!!
Other than that not a whole lot has happened. We rode 25 miles on our bikes one day in 90 degree weather. I am doing exchanges today with one of the district leaders in the zone until Wednesday. I can't believe that my last transfer is almost half way over. A week is a lot bigger when they are numbered. I can't imagine what I'm going to do when I get home. I don't hardly remember not being a missionary. I'm excited to get back, though. I love you so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment