Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Decent Week

Hey! Well this week has been a decent one. As far as investigators go, we set a date with Alicia. Her date is for the 16th of May so I may or may not be here. No one showed up for church yesterday so still no one is really progressing. We don't even want to set dates with anyone because they won't even come to church. Concepcion is still reading every day and praying about it, which is really good. She keeps telling us she will go to church but never does. She has, however, started to quit smoking without much pushing from us. Other than that everything is pretty much the exact same. We found these two guys named Willy and Jay who look pretty gangish but are really interested in learning more so it's pretty cool to teach them.

We are trying to bring new members with us to lessons so that the investigators can see how much the gospel has changed lives. I hope that works for us. We are forming a revolution to get members to support. The hardest thing is getting rides for investigators because no one has cars. It's like we are asking people for their first-born trying to get rides set up.

Other than that... we had a crazy huge dart war this morning and went to Ihop because one of the ZLs is leaving today. We set up tables and chairs in the gym so that we had a crazy obstacle course and split into teams. Everything is going well with de Hoyos still. We get a lot done and have fun doing it so it's good.

Last night one of the sisters got food poisoning and passed out in the bathroom and broke a tooth! Spanish food can be pretty iffy sometimes. Luckily, I've been pretty safe through it all.

My first companion, Elder Alami is engaged? 4 weeks after he got home. That is SO fast!

That's pretty much everything that happened this week. I have pictures that I'll have to send next week. Well I'll get this sent off now. I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment