I'm getting transferred back to Sarasota tomorrow. My next comp is Elder Johnson. We are in the same apartment complex, but in a nicer apartment, so that will be nice. I hear it doesn't smell like smoke so that is already an improvement. I'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon. I still haven't started packing. Brother Gould is taking me up. He always helps the missionaries out. He's actually going out to Utah to get his endowments in the Salt Lake Temple in a week or two. It will be nice to see all the people in Sarasota again. however, the members here are awesome. The past couple days we have been visiting everyone to say goodbye. Elder Johnson has been is Sarasota for a while and this is his second time there, so we are both veterans of Sarasota. It's not too unusual to return to an area. Elder de Hoyos returned here.
So in other news, Concepcion finally came to church! She really liked it so we are going over today to try and set a date with her. I think since I'm leaving we should be able to do it. She was really sad to hear that I am leaving. Her daughter and son are members but they are inactive. She and her husband used to be fairly antagonistic, but now that all the kids are out of the house they have no one to talk to so we fill that space quite nicely. She reads everyday from the Book of Mormon and really loves it. She says she can feel her testimony of it grow everyday as she reads. She is in 2 Nephi right now. She cut down from smoking a pack a day to just 2 or 3 cigarettes a day without any pushing from us. When we go over we usually end up staying a couple hours just talking about the Book of Mormon and life. She tells us everything that is going on in her family and she has quite the messed up family life, but she really likes the Church and already knows she wants to be baptized. She just needs to quit smoking first. Her husband is fine with us. He'll listen but I don't think he will join anytime soon. He isn't against the Church at all. In fact, he used to drink a lot but totally stopped when he made a promise with God that if he could be sustained as far as work that he would quit drinking, so that is already a huge step. Their kids are all of on their own.
My blood sugars have been really good this week since we have been on bike all week. I might not be able to send pics today. The little converter is in the apartment. I'll have to go buy one today since it is Elder de Hoyos'. Well I gotta go now. I love you tons! I'm gonna be packing all day so that should be fun... I'll talk to you next week! Love you!
- Show quoted text -
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment