Monday, May 3, 2010

Fort Myers



Hey! So this week has actually been pretty good! Iam liking my companion and seeing all the old people is really nice. I already have good relationships with lots of people so I don't have to go into an area blind. We went to see the Esparzas (the family of the girl that almost died of the swine flu, but miraculously got better after a priesthood blessing) and they remembered me, so hopefully that will lead somewhere. For the past 8 or 9 weeks we have not had a single investigator show up for church and we have 2 wards we attend. The first in Spanish and then we go and translate for the English ward.

I am enjoying this zone. Elder Robinson is the ZL here and my district is really tight. We hang out during lunch usually and go squirrel fishing. We have a small fishing rod that we tie a peanut to and we cast it off the back deck and when the squirrels grab hold we yank 'em up! Funniest thing ever!! Last week we caught one and got it into the apartment!

Serious Nerf Wars!






So last week we set a date with Concepcion for the 20 of May!! She still needs to quit smoking but she is willing. She said she had a dream about May 20 and white doves, so we set that date with her. I should be able to go to her baptism. I think she has been my favorite investigator to date because she really wanted to know if it was true, but wasn't just going to believe on our word. She was really smart, too. She taught herself law and went to court defending, and she knows all sorts of weird facts that she teaches us. She use to work doing all the research for a repo agency. We always had fun talking to her.

Here we really don't have anyone who could get baptized. We are visiting all the people that I used to teach so they already have a head start. I tried to visit Joey yesterday, but he wasn't home.

Well I'm gonna get this sent out now. I love you! I'll discuss the calling times for Mother's Day right now with my companion. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment