Happy Memorial Day! You all doing anything fun? We are having a ward bbq with the English ward. We are officially part of the English ward and out of the Spanish branch. We translate every week for sacrament meeting. It's kind of nice being in an English ward because it's more structured but definitely not as interesting as the off the wall Spanish branches where anything can happen.
This is a bike for a guy in a wheelchair. He plays basketball in the Paralympics and is WAY cool!He's a member here.
So remember that investigator that the other elders have who thinks he's Jesus? Well he wanted to have time in sacrament meeting to announce his divinity. He showed up to church and we told him no so he's going to save up enough money to go to "Sugar Lake City" to talk to the prophet about taking over the church and building an army of young business men who do all fun things. Crazy guy... but his texts are hilarious! He signs them all Jesus Christ.
Well our investigators are doing well. We didn't have anyone at church yesterday but we gave Teresita a copy of the talk Pres. Monson gave Easter morning so she can gain a testimony of the prophet today. Chris still needs to stop smoking but I don't think that should be too hard.
We had one of Elder Robinson's old investigators call us up out of the blue and wanted to talk to us so that was great. Then a woman walked up to me and asked if we were church people, to which I said yes and she started crying saying that she needed to change. I invited her to church and she said she would come (things got in the way so she couldn't). I gave her a Book of Mormon and marked 3 Nephi 11 for her to read. I always mark things with a card and then draw a line next to the chapter to read. She lost the book mark so she looked through the whole book to find the little lines I drew. She really liked the reading and said it helped her feel good. We are going to teach her tomorrow so hopefully everything goes well. I'm thinking we might have some serious word of wisdom issues but she has the desire.
Bet you didn't know I was actually a secret agent!!The name's Talbot. Elder Talbot. (Not a real gun ;)
That's pretty much everything cool that happened this week. I love you!





No comments:
Post a Comment