Monday, June 28, 2010

A Better week.

Me preachin' in the circle of the patriots!

So this week wasn't too bad. We went a whole week with every single lesson, but one, canceling on us, but we got one! Lessons are starting to go through again. We found out that the lady who approached us on the street hasn't been answering our calls because her phone is disconnected but she still wants to learn more. She is a really humble lady that I think could go far. We'll see. The Walmart people didn't show up to English class but they said it would be alright for us to visit their home when they are available. We haven't really found anyone else to teach, though we are out looking a lot.

I definitely drink lots of water. You have to to live here! On lots of doors we ask them for water before we even tell them we are missionaries. It works pretty well because while you are drinking you introduce the church.

My week has definitely been a lot better. I was a little bummed last week. Just a little off, but I'm better now. Teresita came to church yesterday and liked it. We moved her date to the 10th of July so hopefully this one will go through. Teresita lives alone. She has 3 or 4 kids who all have 2-3 kids of their own. She helps with the grandchildren a lot. A family lady, very nice and humble but does not understand that our church is the only church with all the authority of God. We have had like 5 lessons trying to drill it into her head. I think she's starting to get it now.

At Sarasota Bay on the dock.

Sarasota Bay.

Waffle eating contest.

We both won.

Pres. Colton goes home today. He may even be on a plane now! It's crazy! We meet the new guy this Wednesday in interviews. It was way weird to say goodbye to President Colton! Pres. Summerhays will be coming here to Sarasota to do interviews.

The Coltons and me. They go home today!

All the Spanish speaking missionaries in the zone.

I'm glad you got the letter, and that dad liked his card. I did get the cookies last week. They were delicious and went pretty quick. I do like getting the articles Dad sends. I read them all and usually am able to use something I learned in lessons we teach.

The scarecrow we burned for the milestones we hit.
(For info on the scarecrow see previous post.)




Scarecrow on fire.

I'm glad you like my ideas for after the mission. I have been thinking about it a lot and think it would really be something good for me. Well I'm gonna get this sent off now. I'm doing awesome! I love you! I'll have more pictures next week!! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment