Good morning!
This whole week kind of stunk. So the past 4 days we haven't had a single appointment go through that was supposed to. I think the past 20 or so lessons have canceled on us. Today the teenage girls called and said that they couldn't be taught the rest of the summer so they are dropped. They dropped us. We also didn't have anyone show up to church. again. Teresita said that she was going to but then wouldn't answer the phone that morning. I honestly don't know what to do. It's really frustrating. The past few weeks have been super fun and awesome but now everything is crashing down. Very frustrating.
Things should come around again. We did have some old people show up again for English class and then we visited their home and taught them. Remember the Columbians we found at Walmart my first week here? It was them. We haven't talked too much about the gospel but they like us so hopefully we can teach them.
Yesterday was fun, though. We went over to a members house and had our ceremonial burning of the clothes. I contributed a shirt, Johnson pants, and Elmer a tie. we threw all of that on a scarecrow, dowsed him in gasoline and lit him on fire! He went up quickly and then we talked around the fire for a while. A very fun night. I have tons of pictures but I don't have my camera cord so I'll have to send those next week.
I have a Father's Day card for Dad but I haven't sent it yet.... it'll get out today.
So I was thinking about switching my pump out for a reusable insulin pen. there is another elder out here who had a pump but now does the pen and likes it a lot better, and I am tired of having to deal with sites and running out of insulin in the middle of the day. What do you think? I am just tired of the sites and want to try something different. There are like 5 diabetics on the mission and only two pump users. I also know a lot of other diabetics out here! Joey's mom and sister are diabetic and another English member. It's funny the things that connect people.
I was wondering if it would be too much trouble to send out my lacrosse stick... there are 2 other elders in the zone who played in high school and have sticks out here. They keep telling me I need to get a stick so we can play around on p-days. I don't really need it but it would definitely be nice.
Well I think that's all the news I have. Things will pick up. Areas usually go through hot and cold periods so we are hoping that this cold one will be short. I love you all! Sorry this one is short but it's been a lame day so far. Oh well, that's how life goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment