So last week was a crazy week! We had 12 different meals with members. We are focusing really hard right now on helping the active members to get excited about doing their own work. We are telling them that they aren't supposed to help us with our work, but that we are there to help them with their missionary efforts. They just have to invite and we will do the actual teaching. We are also working on reactivating all of our inactives. President Summerhays told us that until we reactivate and retain the members we already have, the Lord isn't going to pour out people who are ready. This Fast Sunday I am going to be fasting that we can find a family who is ready to apply the gospel to their lives and hopefully that will jump-start the branch in their efforts.
We also had interviews last week. The first half of my interview was us talking about the member-work program and the second half was more about me. I asked him what the rest of my mission could expect and he asked what I want. He said that missionaries can receive inspiration on their transfers so he likes to hear what we want and desire. I told him that I really wanted to stay here the rest of my time and he said that that seemed to go right along with the Lord's will. I talked about serving with Elder Lowe and he said that he'd see what the Spirit counseled him to do but that that seemed like a righteous desire.
I can't believe that Dani comes home in 3 and a half weeks!! I only have 3 and a half months left. It seems to be going too fast and too slow at the same time. I just keep telling myself that I still have forever left and that I can't start thinking about home yet. It will come soon enough, I suppose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment