Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Flying By the Seat of My Pants

Well this week was interesting to say the least. So our baptism that was scheduled for Sunday did not go through... Ariel and his member girlfriend were supposed to get married on Saturday and then he would be baptized the next day. Last week the members son got picked up by immigration and is being deported soon. They canceled the wedding so they could scrounge up all the documents he'll need for when he gets moved out. They are all in Miami right now so we haven't even been able to talk to them. We will try to regroup this week and I'll report more next week!

Sunday was a great day. Well, not really but it wasn't bad. Nav and I had to give talks in sacrament meeting. 20 minutes. each. It actually ended up being easier than I thought. We talked about member missionary work and tried to get the members more excited and involved in the work. I guess it worked well because we got a family referral from a member. In between talks we sang a special musical number with 2 of the young women in the branch. We sang Called to Serve in Spanish. Basically we did everything for sacrament meeting, prepared and passed the sacrament, gave talks and sang.

Last Tuesday we were out working when we got a text from the office saying we needed to go back to the apartments and stay in the rest of the night due to a tornado warning in the area! I was all excited for a tornado but all we got was a little rain. I guess the Lord works in mysterious ways; I was debating going home (and by home I mean the apartment) to take a nap since I was feeling sick and then we got the tornado warning so I had to go in. Saturday night I think we got food poisoning from some pizza. Luckily I didn't throw up but I was feeling sick all night.

That was pretty much our week last week, very slow and hectic but good I guess. That's life as a missionary, flying by the seat of your pants (whatever that means).

No comments:

Post a Comment