Monday, March 14, 2011

I'M 21!!!

Well this week I have got bad news and good news. The bad news first: remember Elder Hickman from the MTC? Well apparently he developed a benign brain tumor on the back side of his brain. He left for home last Thursday to have it operated on. He was serving in Naples so that left a vacancy in the area and since we had a companion to spare they pulled one of us out. Nav got a call from President Summerhays Wednesday night telling him he would be leaving Friday morning for Naples. When Friday rolled around the APs came and got him and started the 3 hour drive to Naples. Now I can sing with Timon from Lion King, "our threesome's down to two". Transfers are in another 2 weeks and I am pretty sure Bell is out. Pres told me I would finish in this area so I am pretty sure I'll stay, but I'm still nervous for calls.

Now for the good news: I'm 21! My birthday was pretty fun as far as missionary birthdays go. Luckily I spent it in an area where I already have 6 months here. The members were excited for my birthday. First we went to the Hernandez family's house to teach their nephews and niece on the condition that we would help the 8 year old, Jonathan, burn ants with a magnifying glass before the lesson. We played with them for a while and then went to the Zelaya house. We got the rest of the information we needed for the confirmation record and then went to the Lugo's for dinner. They made some awesome seafood soup. It had shrimp and octopus and tons of stuff. They brought out some cupcakes with two candles in them, one an "A" the other a "T". They sang cumpleanos feliz. After that we had to run to Legna's house. We hung out there and talked a while. They made birthday brownies for me, and that was the end of the night! Today we are going down to Bartow to be with the Sanchez family all day for p-day.

In other news: we found a few families to start teaching. One of them threw a party on Saturday for their son, Alexander, whose birthday is March 13th! Small world. We taught a few good lessons. Friday we had a branch party for the elders quorum where they watched Fireproof in Spanish and the kids watched Toy Story 3. Since I figure I don't need to be thinking about marriage right now I watched Toy Story. That was SO funny!! The beginning is epic. The Mansenares family, the ones who were inactive for forever, came to the activity and had lots of fun. The kids are not members so hopefully that will be something we can work with. I think that is all the exciting stuff that happened this week.

I love you guys so much. I am sure that I have the coolest family ever. The thing I am most excited for about getting home is just to be with the family, to sit around the table and play nerts and have dinner. Just a couple months left! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment