A dead water moccasin. Sister Hernandez killed it with a stick and we stuck it in the trunk to scare the other elders with. It was a big old thing!Well I think the highlight of this past week was Sunday. Sunday we had a few new families show up. Legna showed up with her family. That was super good! She hasn't been to church in a few months now. I hope that they will start coming more regularly. The Mansenares family showed up. They were the ones that have been inactive for years. The first thing they said to us when we showed up was, "We don't want to go back to church." We brought them homemade cookies and the next Sunday they were at church. The first thing she said when she walked through the door was, "Venimos" or "We came". They liked class and we found out that the two teenagers are not baptized. Hopefully we will be able to start teaching them! Another guy showed up from Lake Wales. I guess his son was baptized by the English elders and he is interested now.
The rest of the week was fairly slow. Lots of knocking doors. We found a few families to teach. We haven't taught them yet so it's too early to know if they will go anywhere.
Ariel was married yesterday. They have been living separately for a few months now but finally got married. He was also confirmed and ordained to a priest yesterday. A memorable day, to say the least.
I think that is all the exciting stuff that happened. It's a short one today but I'll get a letter out this week. Next email I send I'll be no longer a 20 year old!




No comments:
Post a Comment