Monday, November 1, 2010

I can see Disneyworld!

Hey! So everything is going really well here! No scams, so that is good. We did have a Hispanidad festival on Saturday which was super fun! Lots of food and dancing. Our investigators were able to come to it and the Sanchez family made pupusas.

We found another part-member family to work with, the Mercado family. She was raised in the church but stopped coming somewhere down the road. We just got back in contact with her and she loves us. Her kids are all members but the husband isn't. Before he has always seemed not very interested but we went over yesterday and were visiting them and told them about this drink called morir sonando (die dreaming) and they said they wanted us to make it so we ran and got the stuff from our apartment and they cooked us dinner. We had so much fun over there! The dad is super funny and really warmed up to us now. He has already talked to her about temple marriage and I think he has potential to go far.

So moral of the story is: part-member families rock! Basically we have 4 part-member families that we are getting baptisms from and all the others are from member-referrals. None from tracting. We tract a lot. Too much. We only taught 5 lessons last week. I just don't feel as effective when all we do is knock doors and not get anyone to teach. We haven't found a single person to teach in the past 3 weeks from tracting. It's frustrating but I think it will get better. One of the families we are working with, The Ojeda family, is really doing well. The husband who isn't a member invited us over for lunch twice this coming week.

So last week we gave SO MUCH service!!! We have been helping this English family put up fencing in their yard, but to do this we have had to hack our way through the jungle with machetes. So fun!! We have spent three days there for 5 hours in the mornings. The family is uber redneck! Like they have a pet possum. Well, they did. Until they ate it. They also have a pet bobcat and tons of goats.

I'm doing good health-wise. My companion just got a cold so I figure I'll get it soon. I have been taking tons of vitamin C. I haven't had the chance to get a flu shot yet.

So the story behind Elder Martinez's mom is that the missionaries there looked through the area book after white-washing the area and found her info. They followed up with her and she accepted it all. Now his little sister is learning too. After 11 years of being the only member in his family he has his mom and soon his sister.

Oh, one cool thing about this area is that you can see Disneyworld from my area, and one of the gates to Animal Kingdom is in the mission but it ends inside the park. I think that is all the news I have for today. Sorry I don't have pictures today. My camera is dead and I am waiting for my charger that I left in Sarasota. I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment