Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Sick, Sick, Sick!
This week was definitely a crazy one! It started out good. I had my exchange in Winterhaven. We had fun there; visited some cool people. We also had zone conference this week which was really good! We traded in our crappy Toyota Corolla for a 2011 Chevy Malibu!! Also we traded in our old messed up cell phone for a brand new one and found out that we are going to get texting allowed! So now I have one of the nicest apartments in the mission, the nicest of cars and the newest cell phone. I am so spoiled it's not even funny! And the funny part is that I'll be coming home to the Silver Bullet.
Thursday I sprained my ankle so we didn't do a whole lot that day since I couldn't really walk.
Friday was the baptism!!! It went really really well! We didn't think that the dad was going to support them or even come see it happen but we had a good talk with him Wednesday night and he agreed to come. He was even happy for them! Kevin came to the baptism and thought it was really cool. He is excited for his. He was sick all this week so he wasn't able to have us come over.
Saturday we did some service for a part-member family we are teaching. We painted her whole house inside! We did it a light tan and a darker brown and it looks pretty darn good if I do say so myself.
After that we had a wedding reception for a member here. It was way fun! Though I did refrain from dancing. That was where the member called you from. After it was over I was talking to her and she asked how she could get ahold of you so I gave her your cell phone numbers and she called you right there! It was pretty funny. She was a nice lady.
Sunday was just another Sunday. We watched The Testaments with the family whose house we painted. Only the dad isn't a member but he is looking really positive. He has come to church twice and has opened up to us a lot. He is even thinking about temple marriage!
Yesterday we just played sports but since I couldn't play I went to Taco Bell and engorged myself. So that was basically our week! And don't worry, I have got plenty more pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












Those Talbot kids.... so sickly and accident prone!
ReplyDelete